Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Thought of the Day !!

You are the light of the world - like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.
Matthew 5:14-16 (NLT)

On the first day of creation God said, "Let there be light." He saw that it was good. Light represents goodness, whereas darkness is goodness hidden. Jesus teaches that we are the light of the world. I find it curious that he didn't tell us to strive for this, but instead proclaimed that we were it. We are light. Sometimes I know my light is dimmed by frustration, selfishness, doubt and other things. But as Christ's hands and feet in this world I am light. And so are you if you claim Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

So often we act like our light should be kept inward instead of being cast out into the world. A church building might hide out lights when we only shine on Sunday mornings. A basket is put over our light when we choose to go along with the norm instead of being the different person that Jesus wants us to be. When these things happen, I can only imagine how our Father in Heaven feels about His children. The word that comes to my mind is disappointment. I don't know about you, but I hate it when I know I've disappointed my Father in Heaven.

Let us shine before men and women and children today. Let us all be the hands and feet and voice of our Lord and Savior, seeking His will for us over ours or the world's.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home