Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Thought of the Day !!

And "don't sin by letting anger gain control over you." Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a mighty foothold to the Devil.
                                                                          Ephesians 4:26-27 (NLT)

There are many times I have been angry about something in my lifetime.  Sometimes this anger has been justifiable anger where I had good reason to be angry.  Sometimes my feelings got hurt and I just thought I had good reason to be angry.  And at other times I had no right to be angry at all.  

The biggest problem with anger is that it can fester and develop into multiple sins.  Anger can lead to unforgiveness, revenge, harsh words, and many more sinful emotions or actions.  This anger, at its extreme can become hate.  And this is about as far from God as we can venture because God is love.  

So our anger can be the thing that leads us far away from God.  But on the other hand, it is allowing God's Son to grow in us that will help us fend off anger and the awful things that it can lead to.  When, by the power of the Holy Spirit, we have Christ abiding in us, we will grow in the love of Christ and find it harder and harder to become angry.

If you are angry with someone right now, I suggest getting that anger in check.  Forgive, or ask for forgiveness.  Be more like Christ would have you be, not like the devil is trying to make you.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home