Monday, February 11, 2013

Thought of the Day !!

And all of us have had that veil removed so that we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more.
                                                            2 Corinthians 3:18 (NLT)


Is the Spirit of the Lord being reflected in your life?  Or do others see something else when they look at you?

Be honest.  I hear so often "Well, I hope...."  Don't look at what you hope is true or what you would like to be true.  Take a good hard look at yourself today and ask yourself what others would say that they see in you if they were completely honest with you.  How many would say that they see a selfish person or a hypocrite?  How many would say that they see someone who is prideful...or how about undependable...or how about quick to become angry...or how about neglectful of others' feelings?  I'm sure I couldn't count the number of times that these have been what others have seen in me over my life.

How many would say that when they look at you they see a little piece of Christ?  My desire is that when people look at me they see a small reflection of the one who lives in me.  My goal needs to be to be more reflective of Him and less of me.  How about you?

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home