Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Thought of the Day !!

No, I will not unleash my fierce anger. I will not completely destroy Israel, for I am God and not a mere mortal. I am the Holy One living among you, and I will not come to destroy.
                                                                              Hosea 11:9 (NLT)

God had gotten very angry with Israel.  He had every right to unleash His fierce anger.  But He didn't.  This is because He has control over His emotions.  Wouldn't it be great if we could all say that?  Even though we're not in perfect control of our emotions as is our Father in Heaven, we have His power in us when we accept Christ as our Savior and allow the Holy Spirit to dwell within us.  Let us tap into this power and exercise control when we're tempted to lose our patience with others and do something we wouldn't want our Father see us do.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home