Thursday, April 03, 2014

Thought of the Day !!

Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.
                                    Matthew 5:42 (ESV)

A story I found somewhere and once used in a sermon goes like this:

There once was a monk who found a precious jewel.  The monk was a traveler, and during one of his travels, he met a man.  The man had no food and asked the monk for some.  The monk, happy to share with the hungry man, opened his bag to get some provisions.

Upon opening the bag, the man saw the jewel.  On impulse the man asked the monk if he could have it.  Amazingly, the monk gave the precious stone to the man.

The traveler departed quickly, overjoyed with his new possession.  However, a few days later, he came back searching for the monk.  He returned the stone to the monk and made a request: "Please give me something more valuable, more precious than this jewel.  Please give me that which enabled you to give it to me."

A person's earthly instincts would be to keep the jewel, yet a person's spiritual insight tells him or her that the jewel is not as important as another human being.  

In the love of Christ,
greg

2 Comments:

At 4/3/14, 8:34 AM, Blogger Steve Finnell said...

WATER BAPTISM AND FAITH
Can you imagine believers in Christ saying the same things about faith that they say about water baptism?

BAPTISM: (Acts 2:38 ...baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins....) If a believer says "I was baptized, however, it had nothing to do with the forgiveness of my sins;"would that be a valid baptism?

FAITH: If a believer says, "I believe Jesus is the Christ, the Son Of God, however, it has nothing to do with the remission of my sins;" would that be a faith that saves?


BAPTISM: (Mark 16:16...has been baptized shall be saved...) If a believer says, " I was baptized as a testimony of my faith, however, I was already saved before I was baptized," would that be a valid baptism?


FAITH: (Mark 16:16 He who has believed...shall be saved....) If a believer says,"I believe in Jesus, however, I was already saved before I believed;" would that be a faith that saves?


BAPTISM: If a believer says, "I was baptized because Jesus commanded it, however, it was not essential for my salvation;"would that be a baptism that saves?


FAITH: If a believer says, "I believe that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, however, I only believe because Jesus commanded it, faith has nothing to do with my salvation;" would that be a faith that saves?


Does what you believe about water baptism and faith, effect your salvation? Does it matter what you think, as long as you are baptized and claim to have faith?


CAN YOU DENY THAT WATER BAPTISM AND FAITH ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE FORGIVENESS OF SIN AND STILL BE SAVED?



YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

 
At 4/3/14, 10:33 AM, Blogger B.R.M said...

Lovely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home