Friday, July 04, 2014

Thought of the Day !!

Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you.  This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.
                                                                     Matthew 7:12 (NLT)

I have a pet peeve.  It's when people don't think of others. 

I hate it when someone needs to move over a lane in traffic and no one will allow them to.  I hate it when someone decides to take over the conversation and not let the other person have a word.  I hate it when someone working at a cash register speaks more to friends than the person being waited on.  On the other hand, I hate it when a person being waited on is rude to the cashier.  I hate it when people think it's okay to share their problems with you, but when you do the same they act like it's no big deal because their problems are worse.  I hate it when people expect you to drop everything when they need you, but they're always busy when you need them.  I hate it when people feel that they have the right to get mad at you, but that if you get mad at them, it's the end of the world.  I hate it when somebody talks to everyone in the room, but neglects that one person that no one else seems to be talking to. 

I have a pet peeve.  It's when people think of themselves, but not of others.  I also have an even bigger pet peeve.  It's when I'm the one not thinking about others.  We are all called to live by the Golden Rule of doing unto others as we would have them do unto us.  But do we forget that at times and treat others the way we think that they should be treated or in a negative way because of whatever mood we're in?

My pet peeve is when we think of ourselves, but don't think of others.  What about you?

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home