Monday, August 04, 2014

Thought of the Day !!

Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now.
                                                               Philippians 1:3-5
(NLT)

Paul was giving thanks for the people in the Philippian church.  They heard the good news and then partnered with Paul in sharing it with others.  Paul spoke of finding joy in his prayers as he thought of them because he was proud of them. 

As Christians we are to share the responsibility of ministering to others and sharing with them the Good News of Christ. This is not the pastor's job, the deacon's job, the lay leader's job, etc.  It is the job of each person who identifies himself or herself as a Christian.  For those of us who are leaders in the church, we are to lead by example.  I look forward to praying on behalf of each person in my parish with the joy of knowing that we are all partners in spreading the Good News about Christ.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home