Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thought of the Day !!

And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.
                               1 Corinthians 2:1-5 (NIV)

Paul was a well-educated man.  He debated the great thinkers in Athens about Jesus.  In his life before Christ he was on the fast track up the ladder to success as a Pharisee.  But when he came to the believers in Corinth he became what they needed, a servant of the Lord.

I often times struggle with just whom I bring attention to in my ministry.  It can become very easy to get caught up in accolades or become upset when we don’t get the credit we think we deserve.

What I want to learn from Paul is this.  He came to Corinth and did some great things by “the demonstration of the Spirit’s power”.  But he put himself aside so as to not receive any of the credit that God deserved.

Let us go through this day humbly seeking to bring glory to God in any way possible, putting ourselves aside so that He receives the credit that He deserves.

In the love of Christ,
greg


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home