Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Thought of the Day !!

So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and steady, always enthusiastic about the Lord's work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless. – 1 Corinthians 15:58 (NLT)

"Nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless". 

Do you ever feel like you've failed in ministry or trying to do something for God or that God wanted you to do?  I know I have felt that way in the past.  Now I know that if God is calling me to do something and I try...giving it my best effort...I will always succeed.  

God called the prophets of old to give the people a message of repentance.  Jonah's audience heard the message and turned to God.  Many others did not.  

When Jeremiah and Isaiah and others were preaching what the Lord told them to preach, the Israelites didn't listen as well.  Do you think that these prophets ever woke up and didn't want to get out of bed because they felt like they were failing God?

I know that there have been times in my own life when I've felt like part of my ministry failed, only to later come to an understanding of how a few, or even one person, were affected by God through it.  And even if one seed is planted, is it not a success?

Does God call us to failure?  Heavens no.  He calls us to do the things that we can do if we're willing to try and work through His power.  So never think yourself a failure if you're trying your best to listen to God and do His will...even if the results are not what you expect or hope for.

In the love of Christ,

greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home