Thursday, November 05, 2015

Thought of the Day !!

"I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do." – John 17:4 (NIV)

This is of course Jesus speaking here.  But who out there believes that Jesus was the only one called to bring the Father glory?

There was a time in my life just after becoming a student pastor that I came to the realization that doing pastoral things for people made me feel good.  It was nice receiving the compliments and pats on the back.  Before long I listened for people to say nice things about me more than I did for them to speak from their hearts about how God had merely used me to bless them.  Thankfully I realized the error of my ways through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.  I know now that it's alright to have people say nice things about me, but it's even better when God receives the glory instead of His simple vessel. 

Many people in this world live in a fashion that brings no glory to God, while others are simply happy when God gets the glory for anything that they do.  Which one would best describe you?  Is God happy with the glory that is brought to Him because of you?

In the love of Christ,

greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home