Tuesday, January 19, 2016

An early morning God experience


I woke up this morning at 3:30 and could not go back to sleep.  We keep the heat turned down at night and have an electric heater in our bedroom so that we don't use too much gas.  And I remember thinking to myself when I got out of bed how it was much warmer under the covers. That's when it hit me.  God spoke deep into my being.  He didn't use words.  He used images.  These images were of people that I see on Tuesday nights lying outside in the cold trying to sleep in an alleyway, on a park bench, in a doorway, etc.  I felt God saying that I must bring every blanket I could find tonight, even if it wasn't requested, even if I must leave something else behind to make room.  At 3:30 this morning in the warmness of my home, I felt the chill of the cold winter that those less fortunate than me feel and my heart broke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home