Monday, February 08, 2016

Thought of the Day !!

Today's thought is different.  I've been looking at Psalm 51 this morning.  I encourage you to do the same.  I've rewritten the Psalm in the form of a prayer for us to pray today.

Psalm 51 (Paraphrased as a prayerful devotional)

Have mercy on me, O Lord.
Wash away my sins.
My sin is always before me,
   and you are right in your judgement of me.
I've always sinned, ever since my birth.
You desire better from me.
Wash me, O Lord, and I will be clean.
Let me find my happiness and joy in you.
Create in me a pure heart.
May this pure heart remain in me and never cease.
Do not cast me way,
   or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore me to the joy that comes only from 
   knowing your salvation.
Grant me a willing spirit to stay in your ways.
I will then show others.
I will teach them about you.
They will see.  
They will see that you are truly the Way, the Truth, the Life.
Save me so that I might sing your praises, Lord.
Church attendance and money in offering plates
   are not what you desire from us.
You prefer our hearts to be in love with you and with
   our fellow human beings.
Then, and only then, will our sacrifices of time and money
   be acceptable to you.
Build up your Church, O Lord, so that we will be pleasing to you.

May God bless and keep you today as you make Psalm 51 your prayer.

In the love of Christ,

greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home