Monday, January 25, 2016

Monday's Thought of the Day !!

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning. - John 1:1-2 (NIV)

Who can I count on?  Can I count on someone who doesn't know the real me, who hasn't been privy to my darkest moments, my ugliest sins?  I don't think so. For if this was found out I might be abandoned.

What can I count on?  Can I count on something made by human hands to last me the entirety of my life?  Or will it eventually rust, break or simply stop working?  I suppose so.

Why can I not count on anything or anyone in this world to be the perfect presence in my life, knowing exactly how I feel, exactly what to say in all times, what I'm up against now, what I will come against later, to last and not ever break down, abandon me or fall apart?  The answer is because everyone and everything (including me) on this earth has been compromised by sin.  We are not perfect.  We are fragile, susceptible to death and decay.

So then, who or what can I count on and why?  The "Word" has been around forever and will be around forever.  This "Word" has been tested and remains perfect.  This "Word" has never been tainted by sin.  This "Word" is concerned so much for me that he went to the depths of the human existence to save me.  This "Word" is not perishable, double-minded, or selfish.  This "Word" is always there for me.  This "Word" is Jesus.

In times when we know people can't really understand everything we're thinking or feeling, Jesus does.  When we're lost and trying to find our way, Jesus knows it and is willing to lead us in it.  As a matter of fact, He is it.  In times of trouble and in times of joy, Jesus is always there and will never abandon us.  We can count on Jesus.

In the love of Christ,

greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home