Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Thought of the Day !!

If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
1 Corinthians 13:3-7 (The Message)


Love takes pleasure in the flowering of truth

You know, sometimes the truth can hurt. Sometimes it exposes us. But true Christian love can only flourish in truth. It will simply die away when we lie to ourselves or to others.

Love puts up with anything
All I have to do is look at my wife and see what she puts up with sometimes.

Love trusts God always
For this is where the gift of love originates.

Love always looks for the best
I am a believer in the fact that you can find something good in anything or any situation. What about you? Are you always pointing out the negative things about someone or something or some situation? Or do you look for the best?

Love never looks back, but keeps going to the end
This is very similar to the first thing that Christlike love displays. Love never gives up. It keeps going to the end, and it does not look back to see where we have failed. You see, with the love of Christ, every day is a new day to try again. So begin each day by asking yourself, “What can I do for someone else today to show my love”, instead of thinking about how you failed at love yesterday.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home