Friday, December 15, 2006

Thought of the Day !!

"Don't be afraid, Mary," the angel told her, "for you have found favor with God! You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus.
Luke 1:30-31 (NLT)

Surprise Mary!!! You're gonna have a son!

But I'm a virgin! So?

But I'm not married! So?

But that's not how I imagined my life! So?

But I'll be stoned! No you won't.

Joseph won't marry me! Yes he will.

For nothing is impossible with God. Mary responded, "I am the Lord's servant. May everything you have said about me come true." And then the angel left her.
Luke 1:37-38 (NLT)

Mary didn't actually say all those things above...except for what is found in the text. Or at least I assume she didn't. But can you just imagine those thoughts going through her mind?

When God calls us today, He rarely uses angels like Gabriel to come in front of us and speak to us. I've not seen any talking burning bushes lately either. For some reason (maybe because our faith isn't as strong these days and needs to be tested) He speaks to us in less obvious ways.

I think God wants to surprise all of us with revelations and callings on a much more consistent basis than we want to admit. One reason might be because these revelations and callings interfere with our lives. They may call for sacrifices to made by us or for us to change something. But I doubt many of us will ever be called to sacrifice and change as much as Mary was called to do.

What has God tried to get you to hear lately? Have you been listening? Have you heard? He shocked Mary with an angelic presence, but if we wait for that to happen to us, we may find out later that we missed the boat. Let's seek God today and ask Him to speak to us. Then we will have to be willing to listen and be patient. For He will speak when He's ready...not when we are.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home