Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Question of the day ??

I'm listening to a Casting Crowns song entitled "Stained Glass Masquerade" on my MP3 player (thanks again Andy for your hand-me-downs). It has me thinking about all the people in church every week in America that are baptized "Christians" but are actually hiding behind a mask.

What are your thoughts? Do you think our churches are filled with people who really have no true relationship with Christ, or is this a pessimistic outlook?

How many of us are in church and are true Christians, but we can't believe it because of how we see ourselves...as terribly sinful people whom God could never really love?

How many are truly saved...baptized...and living the life God has called them to lead?

I love the way the song ends:

"Is there anyone that fails,
Is there anyone that falls?
Am I the only one in church today
feeling so small?"

Anyway, just a few things that were going through my head. Now I think I'll go take a shower and clean this nappy head. God bless.

1 Comments:

At 7/17/07, 10:14 AM, Blogger methodist monk said...

Can't the answer be yes and no?

I know at times I feel inadequate. I know that I have missed prayer time for the day or even a couple of days. I get caught up in thinking about "things of this world and not the things of God's world" (yes lusting after an iPhone is still lust :))

So I wonder do any of us have a true relationship with Christ? Or are we flawed people trying to be better? If the pessimist in me answers the former, then the optimist in me must say the latter.

A wise mentor of mine says it helps to look at those around you (especially the ones that give you the most pain) as the one who God loves and has a broken heart for.

Pax,
Stephen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home