Monday, July 09, 2007

Thought of the Day !!

When I kept silent,
my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.

For day and night
your hand was heavy upon me;
my strength was sapped
as in the heat of summer.
Psalm 32:3-4 (NIV)


David says that when he kept silent these things happened. It's the same with us today. When we keep silent...when we neglect to speak to our Father...things start going downhill.

How many of us can understand the comparison of David's strength being sapped to the heat of summer? Down here in the South, we know what hot humid days can do to somebody. It can surely sap the strength right out of you if your out in them. I was even told the other day that part of my lack of energy of late could be caused by these hot days we've been having. My response was that I'd been inside most all the time. And my wife's response to me was "it doesn't matter".

The point is...when we keep silent, or don't have a good prayer life (what I call having a prayer drought), we become weak. It's then that the worst things can happen. It's then that our defenses are down. How often does David refer to God as his shield? When we don't talk to God regularly, our shield weakens and our strength is sapped.

Talk to God. Talk to Jesus. Spend time on your knees or in your room or in your car or wherever just talking to Him. You don't have to have eloquent words. God just want to hear from His children. Keep in constant contact with God and you'll be blessed for it.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home