Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Thought / Question of the day !!

O God, you are my God;
I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
where there is no water.
Psalm 63:1 (NLT)


David, who wrote this Psalm, knew what was important in life. He knew that there was nothing in this world that would quench the thirsting of his soul like his God. I wonder how earnestly I really search for my God on a daily basis. How about you? Do you seek Him in everything you do? Do you ask His advice? Do you rely on His guidance everywhere you go?

I have seen you in your sanctuary
and gazed upon your power and glory.
Your unfailing love is better to me than life itself;
how I praise you.
Psalm 63:2-3 (NLT)


I wonder how often I neglect to give God the praise He deserves. He's the reason I'm here. I was created to be a part of His family, and it's only then that I can truly be happy.

What about you? When was the last time that you saw God / Jesus / Holy Spirit in His sanctuary? When was the last time you gazed upon His power and glory? When was the last time you truly praised Him for what He's done for you?

In the love of Christ,
greg

1 Comments:

At 10/17/07, 8:39 AM, Blogger Brother Marty said...

For years when something good would happen to me my response was "cool". After growing to know that God had a plan for me in this world, my response has changed to "Praise God". It's truly amazing to view the events in my life as being gifts from the father, and humbling at the same time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home