Friday, February 20, 2009

Thank You and Prayer for last couple of weeks

Greetings after a short 12 hour nap lasting from 5:30pm Thursday until 5:30am on Friday.

Pictures are being downloaded. Jet lag is slowly subsiding. Luggage that was lost has been found. A good night's sleep has been had. And life will soon be getting back to normal (whatever that is) for Michelle and me.

I want to thank you all for your prayers. There was not a moment that we didn't feel safe. And I'm convinced that there was no time when we weren't. The weather was as close to perfect for us as it could be. One day it misted a little, but otherwise it was gorgeous. We had unseasonably warm 70 days in Galilee. How many of us have been able to say that we have gotten sun burnt in February? Well, add my name to the list, Ha ha. I praise my God for the great things He has done over the last couple of weeks.

We took over a thousand pictures and will be placing them on Facebook, my Blog and slideshows for people to see. But for now, we must wade through them and I must begin thinking about what I will say Sunday morning. I have a feeling much of it will be off the cuff. :)

I will be sharing much more in the coming weeks. But for now, allow me to get cleaned up and check my email and say a small prayer of thanks to God and for you.

Dear Lord, I thank you for your goodness and your love. I thank you for the many friends and family that we have who've thought about us, prayed for us, and even worried about us. Lord I ask now that each prayer lifted for us be turned around for each of those who prayed. Please bless them and keep them. Please grant them good days filled with joy and peace. May they experience your presence, walk in your ways and be forgiven by you when they fail. Thank you for the great people who made this trip to the place where your Son walked possible. Thank you for our guides, who were wonderful, and for our Bishop for all she did. Thank you for all those I've forgotten. And thank you most of all for you; your love, your peace and your presence through the Holy Spirit that was not only felt in Israel, but is still being felt today. Thank you Lord. I love you...we love you. In Jesus Holy and Precious Name I pray, Amen.

In the love of Christ,
greg

3 Comments:

At 2/20/09, 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home. I am glad you were and are safe. I look forward to the pictures.

 
At 2/20/09, 9:48 AM, Blogger Art said...

Amen. And welcome back!

 
At 2/20/09, 12:09 PM, Blogger DannyG said...

Welcome home! You've been in our prayers throughout your journey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home