Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Thought of the Day !!

The peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
                                                                       Philippians 4:7 (NIV)


I went to the hospital expecting the worst.  The patient was given terrible news and would surely be depressed.  As her pastor, I had to come up with the right words to say.  But when I entered into her room, I saw a person smile at me and welcome me. 

Surely it was shock of the recent news, or putting on a good face for visitors, I thought.  But as I visited for a while it became evident that she knew she was going to be alright.  Oh, she didn't know if she'd live or not.  But she knew things were going to be alright.  There was a peace about her that passed all understanding. 

Have you ever been assured of something deep inside?  Maybe you just knew that your baby was going to be alright.  Maybe it was that even if you gave your last little bit of money away to someone who needed it, you'd still find a way to pay your bills.  Maybe it is the assurance that no matter what, your sins are forgiven and you are assured that you will be in Heaven one day. 

God gives us a peace sometimes that transcends our understanding because we actually have no proof...no physical evidence...that everything will work out, yet we are assured that it will.  I love those times because it's then that I can see that God is truly in control of things. 

Have you ever had this feeling?  Pray for it if you're in trouble or need or are not assured of your own salvation.  In God's Word it's written that if we will ask, we will receive.  Talk to God about it, and then listen.  And see what happens.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home