Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Thought of the Day !!

Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
                                                         1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NLT)


Once we give our lives over to Christ, our bodies, along with the rest of who we are, belong to Him.  That's kinda what happens when you give something to someone.  It becomes their property.  In the case of Jesus, we give them to Him who cares about them even more than we do. 

I wish I cared as much about my body as God does.  Before I go to Heaven I will try to take care of my body.  But at the same time I will give up when certain foods come around or when it comes to exercising regularly.  I desire to do right in these areas, but I guess I desire other things more at times. 

Are you like me?  You want to take care of your body but you just have such a hard time doing so?  Well, don't give up.  Remember that if you're a Christian you've given everything over to God, including your body.  So honor it to the best of your abilities.  That will include taking care of it with right foods and exercise.  That will also include not putting harmful substances like drugs or excessive amounts of alcohol in it. 

We're not perfect.  But we can strive to be.  This includes taking care of the bodies that God has created for us to live in and that we've dedicated back to Him when we accepted Christ into our lives.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home