Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Thought of the Day !!

Live wisely among those who are not Christians, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and effective so that you will have the right answer for everyone.
                              Colossians 4:5 (NLT)

We are given more opportunities to share the love of Christ than we realize.  Each day we go out the door, answer the phone or see someone while picking up the mail, we are given an opportunity.  The other person may be a Christian, and she/he may not.  The question is "Are we making the most of our opportunities?"

Many of us go through life looking out for ourselves and thinking about what best fits our lives.  And in doing so we miss opportunities for ministry.  If I'm thinking about myself, I continue driving so I won't be late for my appointment instead of stopping to help a lady on the side of the road with a flat.  If I'm thinking of myself, I judge how well the church service went and what I got out of it instead of how I was able to bring joy to God and be used by Him to help someone else.  If I'm thinking about myself, I dominate the conversation with someone instead of listening.  If I'm thinking of myself, I get angry with the neighbor that just drove through my yard and messed it up instead of forgiving and showing him/her the gift of forgiveness.

Life is all about opportunities.  I know I miss more than my fair share.  But by the grace of God, He keeps bringing them my way.  What about you?  Can you see where you missed an opportunity or two this week to share Christ's love?

Let's be more intentional about seeking God's will in our lives instead of our own will.  And it will be then that we will be enabled to do real ministry.  It will be then that we will find much more joy than when we are looking out for ourselves.  

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home