Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Thought of the Day !!

Thomas, nicknamed the Twin, said to his fellow disciples, “Let’s go, too—and die with Jesus.”
                                              John 11:16 (NLT)

Jesus has just told his disciples that he was going back to Judea (Bethany to be exact) to awaken Lazarus, who had fallen asleep (died).  They were concerned for his well-being because the last time they were in the area the Jewish leaders had tried to stone him. 

The disciples were afraid.  Yet one, a man named Thomas, stood up and valiantly said, "Let's go, too - and die with Jesus."  He was willing to stand by Jesus' side no matter what. 

The fact is, we remember Thomas more for his "doubting moment" than his courage.  This is the same Thomas that would later doubt the validity of Jesus' resurrection until he saw for himself the holes in his hands and feet. 

So Thomas, it seems, had his good days and his bad days.  Wouldn't you agree?  And wouldn't you agree that you and I are the same way?  I know there are times when I put a smile on God's face, making Him proud of me.  I also know there are those times when I failed Him miserably.  Yet in the end, I, like Thomas, experience His forgiveness and love. 

Don't allow your thoughts about yourself be guided by your failures, but by who you become in Jesus as you learn from them and go on to great successes as well. 

In the love of Christ,
greg

1 Comments:

At 6/17/14, 2:49 PM, Blogger B.R.M said...

I know that God wants us to repeat His word and promises back to Him - not to question Him - but to reassure ourselves. We are human - I think better to question than not to ask and live with continuous doubt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home