Monday, June 09, 2014

Thought of the Day !!

Those who are stealing must stop stealing and start working. They should earn an honest living for themselves. Then they will have something to share with those who are poor.
                                                                        Ephesians 4:28 (NCV)

I remember when I was younger and at my mamaw and papaw's house.  I was playing out in the yard.  I walked next door because something caught my eye.  There in the dirt lay some matchbox/hot wheels sized cars.  One in particular caught my eye.  And I figured since it was out there in the dirt that nobody wanted it.  So I looked around and asked if anybody cared if I took it.  Seeing as how nobody was around, no answer to the negative came.  So I picked it up, and even though nobody said I couldn't have it, I ran as fast as I could. ---- Yes, put the handcuffs on me.  I was a ten-year old thief.  I just wonder if the statute of limitations has run out yet?

Anyway, we get things by many different ways.  We may be given them, earn them or maybe even come by them in a dishonest way.  But the fact remains that we will have accumulated a lot of stuff over our lifetimes.  Who thinks that they have now, or have had before more than what they needed?  Yeah, me too.  How many people think that they have shared enough with the poor?  Yeah, me either.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home