Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thought of the Day !!

"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.'

"Then these righteous ones will reply, 'Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?'

"And the King will say, 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters,* you were doing it to me!'
                                                                                                                          Matthew 25:34-40 (NLT)


(For I was hungry and you fed me)

• You bought food and donated it to the local food pantry.
• You shared your lunch with me when I sat outside your office, instead of calling me a bum and telling me to scram.
• You took me some place and paid for me a meal.
• You invited me to a potluck at your church and said not to worry about not bringing anything, there was plenty.
• You gave me a couple of dollars when you saw me on the side of the road.
• You worked at the local soup kitchen where I had a hot meal.

(I was thirsty and you gave me a drink)
• I worked for you out in your yard on a hot summer’s day and you brought me a cool glass of lemonade.  You told me to visit your well and take all I wanted.
• You saw me in the form of a child at a school outing and noticed that when all the other kids got drinks from the concession stand, I stood off by myself, and you brought me a coke. 

(I was a stranger and you invited me in)
• I knocked on your door and asked to use your phone to call someone to come and pick me up because my car broke down, and you did not send me away.
• I came to your church and you made me feel welcome.  You spoke to me as if you were excited that I was there.
• I was the one trying to get my license at the courthouse that looked confused.  I didn’t know where to go or what to do.  I didn’t speak very good English.  And you took time out to make sure I went to the right place.
• I was the one at the amusement park that was lost, and you stood with me until we found my parents.
• I was the one in the doctor’s office that was trying to hold back the tears.  The expression on my face gave me away though, and it was very noticeable that I was frightened.  You are the one who laid your worries aside and came to me and offered comfort.

(I was naked and you gave me clothing)
• You gave your spare coats to the downtown mission, and because of this, I stayed warm even though I had to sleep on the streets at night.
• My home burned down and among other things, you donated clothes to my children and me so that we would have more than what was on our backs when we got out of the house. 

(I was sick and you cared for me)
• I was in the hospital and you came by to cheer me up.
• When you heard that I had the flu, you made a pot of soup and brought it by.
• When I got hurt, you offered to take me to the Emergency Room.
• When I was sick, you prayed for me.

(I was in prison and you visited me)
• You came and visited me in jail, knowing that no one else would.
• You took part in the prison ministry so that I would know I wasn’t forgotten that that Jesus still loved me.
• When I got out, you did not avoid me at the store or the bank when you saw me coming your way.  You did not judge me as a worse person than yourself.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home