Thursday, May 01, 2014

Thought of the Day !!

The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.
                                                    Deuteronomy 29:29 (NIV)

Some people say that when we all get to heave we'll know everything.  I don't know if that is true or not.  We may know everything.  We may forget all we never needed to know that was affected by sin.  Or it may just not matter.  I don't know.  And honestly I don't care.  There are some things that are secret and belong to the LORD.  If He wants us to know, we will.

I have this same way of thinking about the Bible.  There are those who may say (or at least act like) they have an answer for any question about the Bible that can be asked.  Personally, I know I have an answer to every question asked of me.  And this answer to several of the questions is simply "I don't know".  

It's OK not to understand all of the Bible.  God will bless you with more and more wisdom the more you prayerfully read and study it.  Don't worry about the things you don't understand. Just try to follow the things you do understand.  And allow God to work in your life through those.  

And who knows?  Maybe the next time you read one of those confusing passages, you'll be shone the answers you need for them too.  

In the love of Christ,
greg

1 Comments:

At 5/4/14, 7:41 PM, Blogger B.R.M said...

I know that God wants us to ask questions and to seek the answers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home