Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Thought of the Day !!

Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, you are looking for me, not because you saw miraculous signs but because you ate the loaves and had your fill."
                                                        John 6:26 (NIV)

This comes after Jesus has fed the 5,000.  Now they have come looking for him again.  He knows their hearts though.  He knows that it's not to follow him, but to receive what he can give them.  It's all about them, not about him.  They are seeking to satisfy their own desires.

Why do you seek Jesus?

I wonder how many today are like those there by the Sea of Galilee that day who were seeking things for themselves?  It's kind of like that old Janet Jackson song, "What have you done for me lately?" (I might have just dated myself -- haha)  Anyway, could it be that we go to Jesus asking for things but have nothing we desire to give in return?

Don't get me wrong.  Jesus wants us to bring our needs and even desires before him.  I'm sure our God loves giving good gifts to His children.  But what God/Jesus wants most of all from us is our hearts.  Do we come out of love with a desire to make Him proud of us?  Or do we come to Him wondering what we can get Him to do for us now? 

One way to figure that out could be to ask ourselves how we react when we haven't heard from Him in a while or when we don't seem to be receiving.  Do we quit talking to Him?  Do we get upset?  Or do we simply want to reach out and touch Him and have Him put His arms around us?  Would this satisfy us even if we never received another gift from Him?
Again, I ask, why do you seek Jesus?

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home