Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Thought of the Day !!

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
                                                 Hebrews 11:1 (NIV)


I don't understand all of God's ways.  I don't even understand all of my own ways; why I do the things I do or why I don't do them.  I don't understand why I feel the way I do sometimes.  But that's okay.  We aren't meant to know everything.  As a matter of fact, when you find that person that claims to know all God's ways and can answer every question under the sun, stay away from him/her.  I'll guarantee you that there is something false going on.  I was once taught that the most important sentence a pastor can know is "I don't know."

If we were meant to know every little detail of God and His ways, there would be no room for faith.  Faith is an act of dependence.  God's desire is that we depend on Him.  He wants to be there for us.  He wants to guide us.  Of course when we think we already know the way, we guide ourselves.  That's when we get lost.  It is by faith that we stay on the right path being guided by the Holy Spirit, trusting that He will not steer us wrong.  Even though we might not be able to see what the outcome of each day's path may bring, we travel because we're certain that God will not lead us astray.

In this life you have to put your faith in something.  Some will have faith in themselves.  Others will have faith in something this world teaches them.  But the ones who will find true life are the ones who will have faith in God through His Son Jesus. 

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home