Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thought of the Day !!

In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
                                                             Psalm 5:3 (NIV)

I like to say a "Good morning" to God each day as I wake.  It just seems to get the day started better.  But as the scriptures say, we can also lay our requests before him after we wake.  

They also say that we are to wait in expectation.   There are two key words here, "wait" and "expectation".  Don't expect God to fix all your problems with a single word or motion right then.  God works in His own time, sometimes immediately...but more often later, teaching us patience.

Even though we shouldn't expect God to answer us immediately every time we come to Him, this doesn't mean we shouldn't expect Him to listen and respond.  He hears every word that you breathe or think.  I shudder to think of all He's heard me say (good and bad).  And He does respond in His way and His time.  

So each morning (or anytime for that matter) don't forget that God is listening.  Give Him thanks and praise first.  Then lay your requests before Him.  And then wait in expectation.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home