Friday, November 14, 2014

Thought of the Day !!

     After breakfast Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" "Yes, Lord," Peter replied, "you know I love you." "Then feed my lambs," Jesus told him.
     Jesus repeated the question: "Simon son of John, do you love me?" "Yes, Lord," Peter said, "you know I love you." "Then take care of my sheep," Jesus said.
     Once more he asked him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was grieved that Jesus asked the question a third time. He said, "Lord, you know everything. You know I love you." Jesus said, "Then feed my sheep.
                                                                      John 21:15-17 (NLT)

Three times Peter had denied knowing Jesus on that fateful night.  Peter had to feel like an utter failure.  He was the one who was supposed to be the "Rock".  But all he had done was hit rock bottom.  

There's a good thing Jesus doesn't have a three strikes and out policy.  For Jesus offers Peter the same number of chances to reclaim his love for him as the number of times that Peter failed him.  This is a great thing about our God.  The number of times we fail is the exact number of times we are offered reconciliation.  

Know that no matter how far away you get or how many times you fail your Lord, He's still willing to take you back and forgive you.  That is what's so truly amazing about God's grace.  

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home