Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Thought of the Day !!

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
                              Galatians 2:20 (NLT)

How many of us can say with Paul that we've been crucified with Christ?  Are we living as new people with Christ living in us?  Or are we still slaves to our old ways?  Do we live each day striving to be what Jesus wants us to be?  Or do we conveniently forget His ways when we want to do something that goes against them?  

When we refuse to give up things in our lives that are unGodly, we are not trusting completely in the Son of God, who gave up His life for us to be saved.  What is it in your life that you've been thinking you might ought to give up, but haven't had the will to do so?  Ask God and He'll help you rid yourself of whatever it might be.  It might be immediately, or it might be over time.  But God is faithful to listen to those striving to be like Jesus and striving to make the Father proud.  

In the love of Christ,

greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home