Monday, July 20, 2015

Thought of the Day !!

Then God looked over all he had made, and he saw that it was very good. - Genesis 1:31 (NLT)

No longer will there be a curse upon anything.  For the throne of God and of the Lamb will be there, and his servants will worship him. - Revelation 22:3 (NLT) 

This morning I began playing the "What if?" game.  That's when I sit and think about how things would be if something in history had gone another way.  What if sin never came into our world.  Let's say that Adam and Eve procreated and filled the earth.  Lets say over the thousands of years of Earth's existence people developed in much the same way but with the absence of sin.  What would today look like.

Well, I look out my window.  I see weeds that have been poisoned.  The weeds would be gone and a beautiful green grass of some kind would be in it's place.  My window looks out on my garden.  The tomato plants would be filled year round with ripe tomatoes.  The wilted or yellowed leaves would be no more.  I also see a cemetery from my office window.  In its place would be a rolling field with the most beautiful wildflowers.  The deer and its prey would all be there eating and playing.  

Today's message is simply to encourage you to think about how things would be different if sin had not entered the world, if it had not entered you.  Once we get an idea of what that would look like, even if incomplete, we will get a glimpse of what Heaven will be like.  

The most important thing about Heaven is not green grass, red tomatoes, blue and yellow wildflowers or animals at play.  The most important thing is that we would be in the presence of the one who made all this possible.  We would be filled with His Holy Spirit in some way unknown to me at this time.  And we would walk with Jesus and have the best time just being embraced by Him and His Love.  

Enjoy today.  Dream about Heaven.  Live for Jesus.

In the love of Christ,

greg  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home