Monday, September 12, 2005

Thought of the Day !!

I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
Psalms 27:13-14


I know that I saw the goodness of the LORD through the work of some wonderful Christian people that I met last week while helping out at West Laurel UMC in Laurel, MS. These were people who were called by God to share their love, their passions, their goodness and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There is now a special bond between myself and people from places such as Alabama, Florida and Missouri. And as I gather my things together today to go back for another week, I will meet a group that came from as far as Colorado.

I say all this to point out the fact that in all the bad news of Katrina...the death...the destruction...the rapes...the murder...and so on...that there the goodness of the LORD is at work. The love of Christ is expressed and the work of God is done when we commit to listening to God's call for us and acting accordingly. How might you allow yourself to be seen by others as part of the goodness of the LORD?

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home