Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Thought of the Day !!

Show respect for everyone. Love your Christian brothers and sisters. Fear God. Show respect for the king.
1 Peter 2:17 (NLT)


It's often said that people have to earn other people's respect. But why is this? Does this go along with the Golden Rule to do unto others as you would have them do unto you? I mean don't we want others to respect us. I know I want people to respect me enough to let me know when they'll be late or won't show for an appointment. This is respect of my time. And I believe I owe it to others. None of us should have to earn that.

There's also respect in regards to others' feelings. Should we not all have a certain respect for others by not saying things that might hurt their feelings? What about respect for their property...their beliefs...their possessions...and so on.

Respect is not something people should necessarily have to earn. It's a gift. And it's one you can give everyone you meet. Who is someone you've not shown proper respect to? How can you change that today?

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home