Saturday, April 28, 2007

Announcements: next week, thought of the week, BBQ etc.

1) First and foremost, I want to let all ya'll know I will be on vacation next week. This means I won't be around to post my Thoughts or Questions of the Day. I also will get very much behind on the BBQ debate. But alas, rest is more important than the constant bickering of highly educated (though some misguided) individuals. So keep it up...but without me for a week. Maybe you will all be saved by the time I come back and will have see the light. (If you know me, you know what that means!) :)

2) I want to be the first to reach out and say that I feel called by God to love my neighbor. I feel called to pray for those who persecute me (MW). And I have a desire for a peace that would pass all our understandings.

With that in mind, I now make this bold statement. To all you people who think BBQ is actually made of beef (especially Mark Winter who got all this started again), I love you anyway.

Yes, I said it. And I'm not afraid to admit it. I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU!! God calls us to love our enemies. I can't believe that it should be any different for those whom we disagree with.

So I leave all of us with this thought to ponder next week:

If we can love those we disagree about the trivial things in life with, should we not also love those that we disagree about things that are seemingly more important and close to our hearts. We're not talking about loving enemies. We're talking about loving brothers and sisters. With General Conference and a whole lot of heated debate that's been had over and over again coming up, let us keep this thought in mind.

God bless all my blogger brothers and sisters next week. You are in my prayers, as I hope I am in yours.

In the love of Christ,
greg

3 Comments:

At 4/29/07, 8:49 AM, Blogger doodlebugmom said...

Enjoy your time off! :)

 
At 4/29/07, 5:42 PM, Blogger TN Rambler said...

Have a good vacation. We're all praying that Mark will repent. :)

 
At 4/30/07, 11:52 AM, Blogger Art said...

Have a good vacation Greg!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home