Monday, May 14, 2007

Thought of the Day !!

My dear brothers and sisters, how can you claim that you have faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ if you favor some people more than others?
James 2:1 (NLT)


The real problem is that we can show favoritism by neglect. I will be honest. I will favor my wife over others. I will want to spend more time with her and show her love more often. But this scripture is not about having a favorite person or persons in your life. It's really about neglect.

We might be tempted to favor people with money, power, prestige or celebrity status over those who have little or can do little to help us. But our faith is a faith of love for each other regardless of status.

We can begin this by doing away with our preimagined ideas about status. Don't automatically think that just because of the way a person is dressed or how many places they've got tattooed or pierced or where they live that they are less important than other people.

God loves each of us. He created us. And we are all special to Him. I think He'd like for us to put away favoritism and show His love to everyone.

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home