Thursday, August 09, 2007

I'm Back

I'm back from Kansas City and the School of Congregational Development at the Church of the Resurrection. What a thrill it was! There was actually information overload, and I'm still unpacking what was said. It was great!!!! I was taught about preaching for relevance from Adam Hamilton and learned about Church Turnaround and the need to keep church leaders (including myself) healthy. Did you know that there are approximately 100,000 pastors that are burned out in our churches today? About 1,500 leave the ministry daily. Did you hear that? DAILY!!!

On another note, I saw history being made as Bonds tied the record while sitting in the famous George Brett's restaurant in Kansas City. How appropriate was that?

3 Comments:

At 8/9/07, 8:30 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Hey, Greg,

Glad you got back safe & sound from Kansas City! I'll be hopping into northcentral Missouri from the KC airport later this year.

Adam Hamilton has spoke several times at the Congress on Evangelism, a huge Board of Discipleship event held at the beginning of the new year. In 2008 we'll be in Savannah, GA. I highly recommend that you and an evangelism/outreach team attend sometime.

 
At 8/9/07, 10:14 AM, Blogger DannyG said...

Welcome home. I hope that, once you've had time to collect your thoughts, you'll share some of your insights and learning from this program.

 
At 8/9/07, 11:02 AM, Blogger doodlebugmom said...

Welcome home!

I remember watching when Hank Aaron broke the record.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home