Thursday, August 21, 2014

Thought of the Day !!

  My heart rejoices in the LORD!
  The LORD has made me strong.
Now I have an answer for my enemies;
  I rejoice because you rescued me.
                              1 Samuel 2:1 (NLT)


Does your heart rejoice for the Lord?  Or is your day filled with all the negative things surrounding you?  Every morning that I get out of bed I know that God has awakened me.  He has given me breath.  He is prepared to protect me from my worst enemy, the devil.  And more importantly, He has given me a purpose.  For this my heart rejoices in the Lord.

Hanna, the mother of the great prophet Samuel from the Old Testament, rejoiced because she had been barren, but God had given her a son.  Her enemy was her husband's other wife who used to make fun of her for having no children.  But at the time she sang out this verse, God had blessed her with a son and would later bless her with more children. 

May your heart rejoice in the Lord as well.  If it's difficult finding something today to rejoice about, give God thanks that you are alive.  Then ask how He can use you so that you will be blessed as you bless others. 

Rejoice today.  The alternative would be to be sad or angry.  Which is more fun?  Which will make for a better day?  Rejoice in the Lord!

In the love of Christ,
greg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home