Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Thought of the Day !!

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)


Paul wasn't ashamed to share what God had done for him. But we're not like Paul are we? We haven't been struck blind and heard Christ speak to us in an audible voice while traveling the road to persecute others. We haven't been called to go throughout the world proclaiming the good news of Christ as a result. Paul was different. He was special. Or was he?

You see Paul was an ordinary man that became extraordinary only after he emptied himself and allowed Christ to completely take control of his life. He didn't say "OK God, you can have my Sunday mornings", or "Well, I'll let you have this part of my life, but I don't want to let go of this part." He turned his life completely over to God through his faith in Christ Jesus. And when he did this, spreading the gospel became second nature.

God needs you and has a purpose for you. Actually, God may have several purposes for you, but one is to allow Him to work through you in bringing others closer to Him. Maybe you're afraid to share your faith with others. I know I was when I first became a Christian. I figured that I didn't know all the answers and was afraid that I would get stumped if asked a question. Well, the first thing we must all understand is that we don't have to be scholars to witness. Actually, I believe those who are willing to simply say "I don't know all the answers, but am searching" are the best ones.

If you're afraid to, ashamed of, worried about, tentative about or just don't know what to say (and therefore don't say anything) about faith, then maybe it's because you haven't completely given yourself over to God and His Son. Just remember two things. First is that you don't have to explain to others the great mysteries of the Bible or know all the answers. You only need to share how your relationship with Jesus has affected your life and what it is that you do to stay close to God.

The second thing to remember is that when you come to a place where God can use you as an influence on others, if you will allow God, He will use the Holy Spirit to guide you in your words. There have been countless encounters where I have come away thanking God, for I knew what I'd said was not something I would normally say. In other words, God spoke through me. And He will do the same for you. God bless you in your endeavors to spread the gospel.

In the love of Christ,
greg

2 Comments:

At 2/14/06, 10:19 PM, Blogger Questing Parson said...

Your assessment that "I don't know all the answers, but am searching." is reflected of my belief that the joy of this Christian life is in the journey. I suspect that when all the answers are known the journey will be over.

I will not be surprised if, when I obtain that eternal life of which Jesus spoke, it turns out to be a more advanced continuation of the journey.

 
At 2/15/06, 7:29 AM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

I like your take there about the journey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home