Monday, October 29, 2007

Thought of the Day !!

There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all. There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us.
1 Corinthians 12:4-6 (NLT)


There are a variety of gifts, and not all of us will have the same gifts. For instance, I can’t draw anything other than those three dimensional box cubes when I’m doodling. I simply don’t have the gift. But I can type pretty well and fairly fast. Some, however can’t type a lick, and they hunt and peck at the keyboard in front of them. But put a drawing pencil or paintbrush in their hands…and stand back. The magic comes pouring out of them.

But whether it’s typing or drawing, common sense or book sense…whether it’s the gift of healing or the gift of teaching…speaking in tongues or interpreting them…no matter what the gifts are, they come from the same God. And they’re given to us through His same Holy Spirit.

So seek out your gifts. Know that they come from your Father in Heaven through the power of the Holy Spirit. And then use them to glorify the One who gave them to you.

In the love of Christ,
greg

2 Comments:

At 10/29/07, 9:09 PM, Blogger Brother Marty said...

I can't produce any artistic thing; I don't speak in tongues; I'm not much at any physically manifested thing.

I do like to write, I like to speak. And I like to pray. For others...I like to pray.

I think that may be a gift of intercession (whoops...not on the official list of gifts)...not sure. But I truly feel that the gift of healing is present in my existence. Didn't ask for it, but it appears to be manifest.

Often times, against my will, I'm called to pray for someone. I do it because I couldn't live with myself if I didn't...but this "gift" can be confusing and demanding at the same time. All I know is that if God chooses to work in any of us, for whatever His will may be, we should succumb...acquiesce, and do what we're called to do.

Thanks, Greg,for lifting up the gifts of the Holy Spirit. We all are sometimes confused by what they are and what they mean to us personally.

I'm humbled to have some of these wonderful gifts made manifest in my view. God is awesome!

 
At 10/30/07, 7:55 AM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

You are welcome. I know that gifts are given to each of us. But I also believe that many refuse to believe that they are gifted, or just don't see themselves as having any gifts at all saying things like "oh that's not really a gift". So when you say that intercession is not on the list...I would say being artistic isn't either...but it's a gift. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home