Monday, November 05, 2007

A Personal Reflection of Yesterday

I had a rough day yesterday…a good day though. It all began Saturday evening when I just couldn’t seem to sleep for some reason. I guess it was just one of those nights that come from time to time. Even with the extra hour, I didn’t get much sleep. I arrived at the church about 7:15am and did my Sunday routine. I left the church about 3:30pm after a 100th birthday party for one of our members.

The day was a great one. I feel like I didn’t bomb in my preaching. I felt that the Holy Spirit was leading both our services. We had visitors. The birthday party was catered and very well attended. It was all great.

The rough part for me was that I was worn out. I was so sleepy, and I hope nobody noticed. Then as I was lying on my couch last night I got a call from a member saying that the lady whose birthday we celebrated was in the ER because of a fall. I was told not to worry about coming and that they would let me know if the hospital kept her. Then after this, another phone call came saying that another member had come to the same ER with numbness on her left side.

So I was on my way to the ER to see both. I got back about 9 or 9:30 and went to bed. But as I look back over yesterday, I see it with a small sense of joy. I don’t have joy that people were in the hospital. My joy comes from the fact that I was so sleepy yesterday in the intervals between worship and party and ER visit, but still God used me to be the pastor that people needed me to be. Or at least I hope so. It is so wonderful to have a sense that God uses us…in spite of our weaknesses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home