Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Thought of the Day !! / Question of the Day ??

Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear.

But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."

"Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."

"Come," he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.
Matthew 14:25-29 (TNIV)


If you know this story from Matthew you'll remember that something happens with the 30th verse. Peter loses faith and begins to sink. But today's "Thought" won't focus on Peter's loss of faith. Instead we focus on the faith he had to begin with.

When we come to Christ, our faith is strong. It's supposed to grow as we grow in Christian maturity, which helps us to step out on this faith from time to time. So the question I would like for each of us to think about today is simple. When was the last time we stepped out on faith and attempted to walk on water?

In the love of Christ,
greg

3 Comments:

At 11/8/07, 5:39 AM, Blogger Brother Marty said...

Greg,
The healing ministry is just such an endeavor. One steps out in faith and treads upon the waters...kept afloat only with faith.

I've thought about this passage time and time again when praying for the miraculous intervention of God's grace and mercy in the lives of those afflicted who come for healing. At times, I sink...but at other times, I'm awed by the power of faith. I constantly pray for the faith that Peter had when he first stepped out.

 
At 11/8/07, 7:49 AM, Blogger Mark said...

As a self-supporting evangelist, I have to trust Jesus whenever my ministry calendar is blank and the phone stops ringing.

 
At 11/8/07, 8:04 AM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

I want to say to both of you that you indeed have my respect. Yes, Mark, even though we joke, I know it takes a deep faith to do what you do. Honestly, I don't think I could. I participate in both healing ministries and evangelism. But if either were to be my sole bread winning occupations, it would scare me to death. Maybe that's why God chose to place me in a role that is more stable.

Brother Marty has to have a deep sense of faith for healings to occur. And Mark has to have a deep sense of faith that the calendar will fill up eventually. My deep sense of faith must come from believing that I'm making a difference for God even when it doesn't feel like it.

God bless both of your ministries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home