Friday, November 16, 2007

Thought of the Day !!

But [God] said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)


Allow God to use your weakness today to show His power as you humble yourself before Him.

In the love of Christ,
greg

P.S. I will be leaving Sunday to go home for Thanksgiving week so there will be no devotions next week. Please pray for Michelle and I as we travel separately. She has to work the first part of next week and will have to come home on Wednesday. Also, I ask for your prayers as I go Monday to say good-bye to a lady that has meant so much to me...a saint in my first church....who has treated me as and called me her grandson, even though she's never had any children. She has had multiple strokes and is in a nursing home and I don't know how long she has left. So I will most likely see her alive for the last time. If there is anyone like that in your life (relative or not) take time to share with them how much they mean to you before it's too late. God bless, and Happy Thanksgiving! I give thanks for each of you this week.

3 Comments:

At 11/17/07, 8:10 AM, Blogger Art said...

Prayer for your safe travel and I hope you have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.

 
At 11/17/07, 9:07 AM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

Thanks. Same goes for you and yours.

 
At 11/19/07, 8:04 AM, Blogger DannyG said...

Safe travels and godspeed, friend. (J)'s sister has rented a chalet in Gatlinberg for the Thanksgiving week (handicaped accessable), so (J) can do Thanksgiving with the Florida branch of the family. I work 'til about 11PM Wed. so it will be a quick turn-around to get going Thursday morning, but it will be great to see everybody.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home