Sunday, February 19, 2006

I've been tagged

John at Locusts & Honey has tagged me to designate songs I am in to. I am also to include the following instructions:

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.


1. "Lord (i don't know)" by Newsboys
This is on a CD I've had for a while but got out last night and listened to. It seems to be becoming my theme song. Part of it goes, "Lord, I don't know where all this is going, or how it all works out. Lead to peace that is past understanding, a peace beyond all doubt." I have no earthly idea what God is doing in me, but I trust Him to work it all out in me as the songs also aludes to.

2. "Boondocks" by (???)
I am really into country music right now and don't know the names of all the groups. But I will learn them seeing how I got an XM radio for Christmas. I should know this one, but I don't.

3. "Banjo Player" by (???)
Again, I don't know the guy's name, but it's got a cool banjo solo.

4. "Believe" by Brooks and Dunn
This is an accoustical song that speaks that has a really neat line in it that speaks about not ever seeing a hearse pulling a U-Haul. I talks about how the older the singer gets, the more important the words in red in the Bible become to him.

5. "Jesus at the Wheel" by the girl who won American Idol...Cary something, I think?

6. "Spirit of the Living God" #393 in the UM Hymnal
I've had that song in my head for the last few days and even changed our final hymns at both my churches this morning to it. Yes, I am rebel. I changed something about the worship. :)

7. For my final song, I will say "He Reigns" by Newsboys.


I decided to do this because it seemed kind of cool and I'm sick and indoors and getting bored this afternoon where it's 23 degrees with a wind chill of negative a million outside. But it reminds me of those fwd emails that tell you to send this to seven people and you will get a coupon / be blessed / or whatever.

Trust me. I guarantee nothing of the sort. :)

Lets see if my seven people to be tagged add this to their blog.
1. Andy at 'Mid Toil and Tribulation
2. Grace at Quotidian Grace
3. Tony at Just As I Am
4. Lisa at Messy Musings
5. Danny at Once and Future Methodist
6. John B at Out the Door
7. Beth at Beth Quick

1 Comments:

At 2/20/06, 7:46 AM, Blogger Jody Harrington said...

I played.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home