Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Question of the day ??

How would you rather travel - by plane, train, bus or automobile?

I ask because in exactly one week I will be taking the longest flight ever in the history of man...well maybe anyway. :)

I will leave out of Memphis and go to Atlanta. From there I will scoot on over to somewhere in Germany, land, and get on another plane heading for Venice. From there I will be put on a cruise ship for an Educational Opportunities tour of the 2nd and 3rd missionary journeys of Paul found in Acts. We will sleep on the ship and go from port to port to take our daily tours which will mean riding a bus. If I decide to do something on my own, I may ride in a taxi (auto). So that only leaves the train. Wait a minute, I cannot remember if it was Atlanta or Chicago (or both) that had the underground rail systems. Hey, if that's the case I just hit all four in 10 days.

Boy am I gonna be tired.



Update: Oops. I said that I would be leaving in one week. It's actually two...on the 28th of February.

7 Comments:

At 2/14/06, 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg,

Atlanta has an underground rail from concourse to concourse which I am sure you will take if you fly in from Memphis, so you will get to ride a train even if it is only a few hundred yards.

I personlly like driving, but train would be my second choice. Flying used to be my favorite, but after 9/11 and all the headache of flying, I have just about quit that except for necessity.

I agree with danny, post pictures if you can.

 
At 2/14/06, 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First: I think you are bragging and this is addressed in the NT.
Second, I'm taking my lovely ladies to the rodeo tonight for Valentine's Day. This means I'm traveling by bull. Normally, I just talk a bunch of bull -- tonight I ride one.
Third, I want in on this high level meeting between you and the Stod.

 
At 2/14/06, 5:07 PM, Blogger gavin richardson said...

drive, you get to see more & take your time.. yet, it takes about 2 months to get a car across the ocean.. maybe you should just fly this time.

 
At 2/14/06, 10:10 PM, Blogger Questing Parson said...

Lucky you! Hope the trip is most memorable. How fortunate.

If you can't post along the way, keep a trip diary to post later.

 
At 2/15/06, 7:27 AM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

I will keep some kind of journal because I am not planning on taking my laptop with me. And I will have a ton of pictures when I return.

btw - I leave in 2 weeks and not 1. It's the 28th of Feb. I posted that I was leaving in one week by mistake. Guess I'm more excited than I thought. ha ha

 
At 2/15/06, 10:55 AM, Blogger Beth Quick said...

Train for me. I hate flying. That whole metal heavy object hurtling through the air thing gets to me every time. :)

 
At 2/16/06, 5:32 AM, Blogger Greg Hazelrig said...

Thanks Beth. That helps me when I'm about to be in that metal thing hurtling through the air for several hours at a time. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home